QUANTUM LEAP SPACES from EASTWEST is a 24-bit, true stereo. convolution reverb that sets a new standard by utilizing new impulse recording techniques developed over the past seven years.
An arsenal of the best gear that Fairchild, Manley, Meitner, Neumann, Neve, Sennheiser, Sony, Telefunken, TG (to name a few) have produced over the past 60 years was used to create QUANTUM LEAP SPACES. ATC monitors were positioned in the room/hall to emulate the real world sound projection properties of various instruments. So an impulse taken for a French horn was created by firing the sweep tones from the middle to left rear of the stage, backwards and slightly towards the floor. 1st violin section impulses were taken by firing a series of speakers at an angle towards the ceiling, just like a real section. A fifth speaker with the high end reduced was fired towards the floor to emulate the body of the violins. This same methodology was used to record reverbs for rock instruments in various LA studios. Because of this, the reverbs in QUANTUM LEAP SPACES have a fantastic balance of early reflections and room sound that really draws a dry instrument into the space, rather than the usual "sound plus reverb" result.
QUANTUM LEAP SPACES includes a very hi-resolution, true stereo engine that focuses on delivering the very best sound at a very low CPU load. Most impulses are in 8 channel format, so surround mixes can be created. In the end, what makes QUANTUM LEAP SPACES unique is that every impulse is special. There is no wading through endless folders of cryptically labelled identical sounding impulses. In fact, QUANTUM LEAP SPACES takes the mystery out of choosing reverbs by suppling suitable recommendations for every instrument and style.
QUANTUM LEAP SPACES has custom impulses taken over the past seven years from around the globe, with a focus on the Western United States. QUANTUM LEAP SPACES includes concert halls (including the EWQLSO Hall), churches, cathedrals, caverns, rock studios (including EastWest Studios), soundstages, forests, a swimming hall, parking garages, water tanks, a tunnel, vintage plates and custom digital reverb preset impulses. To take it all a step further, additional impulses were supplied by Ralph Kessler of masterpinguin. Ralph is responsible for the best impulses in the now discontinued Wizoo W2 and W5 reverbs. Remember the HDIR Cathedral? This impulse and dozens of others from the same venue are included in QUANTUM LEAP SPACES, along with other fantastic European venues. Ralph shares the same passion for reverb impulses that we do. His methods are slightly different, but the results are stunning and state of the art.
- Produced and Engineered By Nick Phoenix
- Highest resolution, most useful, reverbs available
- 24-bit True Stereo, with True Surround capability
- ATC, Neumann, Telefunken, Neve, Meitner Signal Path
- Film Score, Rock, Pop, Jazz, Classical, Esoteric and Dreamy Reverbs
- Low CPU usage, with cleanest signal path possible
Generally, all info related to the reverb selected is displayed in the interface window of SPACES. The following is useful information -
- M-S: means mono in and stereo out. So normal stereo reverb, where the input is summed to mono before being processed.
- S-S: means stereo in and stereo out. So true stereo. Each channel L and R is processed with it's own unique stereo impulse.
Typically an impulse is taken with the source on the left side of the stage and the right side of the stage. Each impulse is stereo. When they are put together you get a true stereo 4 channel snapshot of the space. We encourage users to use the true stereo versions of the impulses. The true stereo switch on the interface is an indicator, not a switch. It indicates what you have loaded.
- FR: means front mics.
- RR: means rear mics. These can be used to create a surround mix, or to pick a reverb that you like. Generally the rear is longer and darker.
- FILTER: This allows users to limit the frequencies sent to the reverb, you can high-pass, low-pass, or both. When selected, a frequency response graphic will appear in the center window.
- MONO: turn on to mono the reverb.
The last 2 additions are in the latest version.
|Supply Time||Up to 24 hours, all week, even on holidays|